These Mini Upside Down Cakes are BANANAS! Thanks @tastemade for creating such a tasty treat.
¼ cup butter, softened to room temperature
6 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup mashed, ripe bananas
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup chopped dark chocolate (60% cacao)
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
6 tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
4 tablespoons half and half
2 tablespoon butter, softened to room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare a cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Using a hand mixer, beat butter, 6 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener and ¼ cup of SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk in egg, sour cream, vanilla, and bananas until smooth.
4. Add in remaining dry ingredients, mixing just until incorporated.
5. Prepare caramelized bananas by heating a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, adding in SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend, half and half, and butter. 6. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and caramelized. Divide mixture among prepared cupcake pan, and fill ¾ of the way with the cake batter.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.