These chicken poppers are really POPPIN’ with flavor!! Thanks @tastemade for this delicious app recipe!
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground allspice
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 tsp cayenne
5 garlic cloves, peeled
¼ of a red onion, peeled and quartered
½ jalapeno pepper, stemmed and seeded
3 scallions, stems removed
2 limes zested and juiced
1 orange, zested and juiced
3 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
3 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size popper pieces (about 2 inches)
1½ cups panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a rack.
2. Prepare Jerk Seasoning by placing cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cayenne, garlic, onion, jalapeno, scallions, limes juice/zest, orange juice/zest, and SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Prepare poppers by tossing chicken pieces in Jerk Marinade (marinating overnight makes for an every more flavorful popper) then toss in bread crumbs.
4. Place on prepared baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes flipping halfway through.
5. Serve hot, drizzled with Tropical Mango Drizzle.
TROPICAL MANGO DRIZZLE INGREDIENTS:
½ jalapeno, seeded
½ mango, peeled and diced
¼ cup chopped pineapple
¼ cup cilantro, picked and washed
1 packet of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
2 limes, zested and juiced
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground toasted cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place everything in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Season with salt, pepper.