Swap out the hectic cooking the holidays bring for something a little slower. This slow cooked tangy tomato brisket may cook slowly, but it will be the fastest dish gone from your holiday dinner table.
The SPLENDA® Brand is proud to support Simple Cooking with Heart™.
Slow-Cooker Tangy Tomato Brisket Recipe
Serving Size: 3 oz cooked beef
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- 15 oz. canned, no-salt-added tomato sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper for spice
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 lb. sirloin beef roast or steaks, all visible fat discarded
In slow cooker, combine tomato sauce, vinegar, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, cayenne (if desired), and onion. Stir gently.
Add sirloin making sure it is submerged in the barbecue sauce mixture.
Cook on low setting for 8 hours. Slice and serve with a drizzle of the sauce.