Have a Hoppy Easter. Swap out full sugar for SPLENDA® Sugar Blend with this Sweet as Sugar Cookies recipe. Then add some holiday flair. Use cookie cutters to shape the dough into cute, little bunnies before baking them. Instead of using candies and decorative sugars, wait until they’re done and have cooled down, then use a thin layer of frosting to coat each cookie.
Sweet as Sugar Cookies Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 30
Serving Size: 1 cookie
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer in a medium mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually add SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate mixing bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to SPLENDA® Sugar Blend mixture, beating until blended. Do not over-mix.
- Place dough on a lightly floured work surface. Divide dough in half; pat each half into a circle and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill cookie dough for one hour or until slightly firm.
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Work with one portion of dough at a time. Roll each portion to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a cookie cutter, and place on lightly greased cookie sheets. Sprinkle with decorative candies or colored sugars, if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool slightly on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.