It’s thyme for tea! Warm up during cold season by brewing this Hot Spiced Tea recipe. Experiment by adding different herbs and spices to kick up the herbal flavor, and keep your tea sweet by adding SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener. For an added DIY treat, make your own tea bag using coffee filters like we did.
Hot Spiced Tea Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Serving Size: 8 fl oz
- 1 cup water
- 1 regular-size tea bag
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 packets SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Lemon and orange slices (Optional Garnishes)
- Bring water to a boil. Pour over tea bag, cinnamon stick and cloves in a teapot; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bag, squeezing gently. Stir SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, orange juice and lemon juice into tea. Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into cups, discarding spices.
- To make 4 servings: Bring 4 cups water to a boil. Pour over 3 regular-size tea bags, 2 cinnamon sticks, and ½ teaspoon whole cloves in a teapot; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeezing gently. Stir 12 packets SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, ¼ cup orange juice and 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice into tea. Pour tea through a wire-mesh strainer into cups, discarding spices.