This mini holiday dessert recipe, inspired by Registered Dietitian, Elizabeth Somer, proves that sometimes the best treats come in tiny packages. Packed with accents of cinnamon, vanilla, and brandy extract, you can really taste the winter flavors without all the calories from added sugar. #Sponsored
Mini Bread Pudding with Brandy-Flavored Sauce Recipe inspired by Elizabeth Somer, MA, RD
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Serving Size: 1 mini bread pudding with brandy-flavored sauce
- cooking spray
- 1 cup fat-free half & half
- ½ cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups dry bread cubes (8 slices of bread of your choice, fluffy whole grain bread works well)
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- OPTIONAL: Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free half & half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
Make bread pudding:
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, add half & half, milk, and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix egg substitute, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir in bread cubes. Add warm milk mixture and blend thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add cherries, water, and brandy extract. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds. Add to bread mixture and stir well.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of bread pudding mixture into each cup, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Make brandy-flavored sauce:
- While bread puddings are baking, add one cup half & half to a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Blend cornstarch and 1 tablespoon half & half in a small cup, add to heated half & half and bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly to avoid burning on bottom. Let mixture boil for 1 to 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and brandy extract.
- Remove bread puddings from muffin pan. Place on dessert plates. Drizzle with warm Brandy-Flavored Sauce. Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional).
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1 mini bread pudding with brandy-flavored sauce): 120 Calories - 20g Carbohydrates - 2g Fiber - 6g Protein - 2.5g Total Fat - 1g Saturated Fat - 160mg Sodium - 20 Calories From Fat - 25mg Cholesterol - 8g Sugars