Quick Garlic Ginger Pickled Cucumbers
Put a fun spin on cucumbers with these Quick Garlic Ginger Pickled Cucumbers from Mike Roussell, PhD., author, speaker and nutrition consultant.
- 1 English/hothouse cucumber, sliced thin (1/8") on mandolin or with sharp knife
- 1/8 red onion, sliced thin on mandolin or with sharp knife
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin on mandolin or with sharp knife
- ½ tablespoon of ginger, sliced thin, then cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Juice of a half of lime
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- A few cilantro leaves (optional)
- Toss all ingredients except cilantro together.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add a few cilantro leaves prior to serving, if desired.