Follow Brooklyn Decker as she creates this beautiful appetizer spread - the perfect addition to your next party.
Berry Wine Compote
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 8 servings as an appetizer
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup cherries, pitted
¼ cup spicy, fruity red wine, such as zinfandel
8 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
1. In a medium sauce pan, on medium high heat, add the raspberries, blackberries, cherries, wine, SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, salt, black pepper and ginger.
2. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. While simmering, mash the berries. Mixture should slightly reduce.
4. Remove from heat. Let cool completely before serving. Mixture can be made a day in advance and refrigerated. Serve with your favorite crudité, cheese, cracker, etc.
Quick Vegetable Pickle
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 24 hours
Yields: 5 servings, as an appetizer
1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
1 cup water
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 packets (approximately 1 tablespoon) SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon fine sea salt
3 Persian cucumbers, cut into ¼ in sticks
3 Par cooked carrots sticks, cut into 4 in sticks
1 sprig dill
1. In 16 ounce mason jar, combine all the brine ingredients. Tighten lid and shake until SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener has dissolved.
2. Open jar and arrange the vegetables, and dill sprigs straight up. Make sure liquid covers vegetables, if not fill with water. Tighten lid and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator for 1 week.