Instead of buying lemon juice, get it fresh with this tip. Just microwave a lemon on high for about 20 seconds, let it cool for a minute, roll it in your hands or on the table, cut the lemon and then squeeze out the juice. Try this tip when making this Irresistible Lemon Chiffon Pie.
Irresistible Lemon Chiffon Pie Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8 of pie)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- ¾ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- Pour evaporated milk in a mixing bowl; place in freezer until ice crystals form (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle gelatin over water and lemon juice in a small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Stir in lemon rind and lemon extract.
- Beat evaporated milk at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form (about 5 minutes). Gradually add gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until mixture is combined. Do not over beat.
- Pour mixture into crust; cover and chill for 1 hour or until set.