Stir in the cinnamon and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener with this sinfully delicious Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake recipe.
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/16 of coffee cake)
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 ½ cups light sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and baking soda into a medium-sized mixing bowl; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer. Add SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and egg. Beat until smooth. Add the egg substitute and vanilla. Beat briefly to incorporate. Add applesauce and half of the sour cream. Beat until smooth. Add the sifted flour mixture and beat at medium speed just until smooth. Add remaining sour cream and blend just until incorporated and batter is uniform. Set aside.
- Make Filling: Place ¼ of cake batter in a small bowl. Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir well.
- Place ½ of the remaining cake batter into prepared pan. Top with filling. Swirl with knife. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.