Wow them with waffles! This Banana Pecan Waffles recipe makes for a delicious breakfast treat for those you care about most. If bananas and pecans aren’t your thing, swap them out for strawberries like we did.
Welcome-Back Waffles Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Serving Size: 1 waffle
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- Optional: Fresh Blueberries and Strawberries
Sift together the first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the pecans.
Separate eggs. Beat the egg yolks in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the buttermilk, melted butter and mashed bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients until just moistened; do not beat.
Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites gently into the batter. Pour the batter into a preheated lightly oiled or nonstick waffle iron and cook until golden brown but still moist inside, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh fruit.