Holiday favorite Gingerbread Cookies with a chewy center and spiced white chocolate filling.
by Jessica K. from Swanky Recipes.
Yields 60 cookies
Serving Size: 1 cookie
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend
2 ½ tablespoons SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
½ cup molasses
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, for dusting
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 ½ teaspoons skim milk
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 dashes ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon molasses
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
2 teaspoons skim milk
1. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a bowl fit with a mixer, beat butter, ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, and SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes.
3. On medium speed, beat in molasses until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Use a spatula to scrape batter from the sides of the bowl, and beat until well combined; about 2 minutes.
4. With the mixer on low, slowly beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined. Scrape dough from the sides of the bowl with a spatula; then beat for 1 minute.
5. Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for at least 1 ½ hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. 7. Scoop dough with a 1 ½ tablespoon cookie scoop. Cut each scoop of dough in half, and roll each half into a ball. Each ball should be about ¾ inches wide.
8.Roll dough in the ¼ cup SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend; then place each ball on prepared baking sheet one inch apart.
9. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, carefully make an indent in the center of each cookie, and press in just to form the center. Don’t puncture through the dough to the cookie sheet.
10. Bake cookies in preheated oven for about 7-9 minutes. Using a teaspoon measuring spoon, indent the center of each cookie again. Allow cookies to cool before filling.
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt white chocolate chips, and stir in 4 ½ teaspoons of milk. Stir in the spices and molasses.
2. Working in batches, carefully spoon about 1 teaspoon of filling into each cookie indent. Reheat chocolate filling as needed to spoon easily into indents. Allow to cool; about 10 minutes.
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, add 2 teaspoons of milk, and stir until silky smooth.
2. Carefully drizzle cookies with chocolate. Allow cookies to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts per Serving (1 cookie):
Total Fat 3.5g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 12g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 7g