Spicy Mini Chicken Meatballs - the best appetizer for game day. Thanks Brooklyn Decker & @tastemade!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Yields: 6 servings, about 34 meatballs
Serving Size: 3 meatballs
2 pounds ground chicken, dark meat
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 large eggs
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
½ cup hot sauce
1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a small saucepan on medium high heat, combine the ingredients sauce over medium high heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
1. Preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, garlic, shallots, salt, pepper, eggs, panko, and parsley. Gently mix until all ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
3. With a tablespoon scooper, fill with mixture. Release into hand and gently roll to form a ball.
4. Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the meatballs lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and toss with sauce. Return to oven for 2 minutes. Remove and plate.
Nutrition Info Per Serving (3 meatballs):
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrate 12g