This Valentine’s Day, swap out overly indulgent chocolate cake for this mouthwatering homemade cheesecake recipe inspired by our fan, Tricia N. This special treat is a sweet way to surprise your sweetheart.
Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/16 of cheesecake)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced fat milk
- ½ cup dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Mix crust ingredients together, and press into a 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Reset oven temperature to 325º F.
- Beat cream cheese, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, and flour together until well mixed and smooth. Add vanilla and mix until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix until smooth. Add milk and mix until well blended.
- Measure ½ cup of the cheesecake batter and pour into a small bowl. Add dulce de leche and stir until well combined.
- Pour plain batter over crust. Top with dulce de leche by placing rounded spoonfuls over the cheesecake batter and gently swirl into plain batter with the tip of knife or spatula.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven and gently run metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake (this helps prevent cracking). Let cool 20-25 minutes before covering and placing in the refrigerator. Refrigerate 4- 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Graham cracker crumbs can be replaced with crushed vanilla wafers.