Curry Ground Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
This dish is un-bell-ievable! Curry Stuffed Bell Peppers are a savory dinner option your guests are sure to love. Made with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, this recipe lets you enjoy all of your favorite flavors.
The SPLENDA®Brand is proud to support the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart™.
Curry Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
Serving Size: 1 stuffed pepper
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked to package instructions
- ¼ cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 4 medium bell peppers (any color) tops cut away, seeds and white membrane removed
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
Add turkey - breaking up clumps and stirring until cooked through (it will turn greyish white).
Add zucchini, curry powder, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, cloves, garlic powder and pepper. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
Stir in chicken broth, quinoa, and cilantro until well mixed. Spoon ¼ of mixture in to each bell pepper. Place peppers in an 8x8 inch baking dish, standing up. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish about 1/8 inch deep.
Bake 25-30 minutes in preheated oven until peppers are tender and mixture is heated through.