Christie D.’s Pina Colada Bundt Cake
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy this Pina Colada Bundt Cake recipe, inspired by our fan Christie D. from FoodDoneLight, and made with SPLENDA® Sugar Blend. This recipe takes your favorite frozen beverage and transforms it into a sweet dessert; the perfect go-to for all occasions. See the original recipe at FoodDoneLight.
Recipe: Pina Colada Bundt Cake
- 2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp. SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup 2% fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese Greek yogurt blend, softened
- 1 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. pineapple juice, fresh or canned
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350∘F.
- To make cake: spray a 14-cup bundt pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, baking soda and salt.
- In a blender, puree eggs, yogurt, oil, coconut milk, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients until just moist, do not over-stir.
- Spoon batter into the pan and even out with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a long wooden toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- After cooling remove cake from pan and place cake directly onto the wire rack and allow to cool completely. Place a piece of wax paper underneath the wire rack.
- To make frosting: in a small bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and pineapple juice. Spoon over the cake, and gently press shredded coconut on top.