Chia Seeds give this dressing it’s wonderful thick consistency which means you can use less oil. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener gives just the right amount of sweetness to this tasty spring dressing created by passionate home-cook and internet sensation Laura Vitale without all the extra calories from sugar.
Endive & Radicchio Salad with Sweet Chia Seed Dressing Recipe
Serving Size: 1 cup
Makes: 4 cups
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 large heads of Belgian endives
- 1 head radicchio
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine water and chia seeds. Let soak for ten minutes or until chia seed mixture becomes thick.
- Prepare endives and radicchio by chopping into bite-sized pieces. Set aside in a salad bowl.
- Add apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated, salt, and olive oil to chia seed mixture and stir.
- Pour dressing over endive and radicchio mixture and toss.