Think outside the gingerbread house… Try these gingersnap fries dipped in cream cheese frosting for a crowd-pleasing dessert dish at your next holiday party!
GINGERSNAP FRIES WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING DIP RECIPE
Makes: 32 Cookies
6 tbsp. light butter
½ c. SPLENDA® Sugar Blend
2 tbsp. molasses
1 ½ c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
¼ ground cloves
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING DIP
¼ c. light butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 oz. light cream cheese
¾ c. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, molasses, and egg. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Form dough into a disc, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rest in the refrigerator for one hour.
3. Roll out dough on nonstick surface into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick. Slice into fries (small rectangles). Place fries on cookie sheets lined with parchment, about 2 inches apart, and refrigerate while the oven preheats.
4. Bake for 8 to10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Serve with cream cheese frosting dip.
5. To make the cream cheese frosting dip, use a hand mixer to beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Add in SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated and cornstarch and continue to mix until combined.