Yogurt can do the heavy lifting of heavy cream with less calories. Try swapping out the cream in this Mixed Berry Trifle Recipe for unsweetened full fat plain Greek yogurt.
Mixed Berry Trifle Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Serving Size: about 1 cup
- 1 (10-12 ounce) premade angel food cake
- Berry Mixture
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 6 SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Packets
- Whipped Cream
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Packets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (6 ounce) cups lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup blueberry preserves
- ¼ cup crushed ginger snaps
- CUT angel food cake into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- PLACE berries in a medium size bowl. Add 6 SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Packets and toss until combined. Set aside.
- WHIP Greek yogurt. Mix in 2 SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Packets, vanilla, lemon yogurt and blueberry preserves.
- LAYER angel food cake, berries and whipped yogurt mixture in a large size trifle bowl. Repeat. Sprinkle top with crushed ginger snaps.