Fun outdoor activity while the weather is still warm: host a wing night in your
backyard with family and friends! Fire up the grill for these chicken wings with delicious jerk marinade.
Jerk Chicken Wings
4 Scallions, roughly chopped
2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
1 habanero pepper, chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 in. piece of ginger, sliced
3 tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tbsp. salt
¼ c. SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend
2 tbsp. olive oil
12 whole chicken wings
Lime wedges for serving
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor or blender
and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the marinade to a large re-sealable plastic bag with the
chicken wings and toss to coat thoroughly. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill, prepare a grill for indirect grilling. Lightly
oil the grilling grate. Place wings on the hot side of the grill and grill
turning occasionally until charred all over, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer wings to the cool side of the grill and continue to cook,
covered until fully cooked and browned all over, about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and preheat a grill pan
on the stovetop and char wings on all sides 8-10 minutes. Transfer to the oven
and cook until cooked through, about 15 more minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.