At your next backyard gathering, give these Caprese Kebabs a try. Try using SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener in your Balsamic Glaze for a touch of added sweetness.
The SPLENDA® Brand is proud to support the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with Heart™.
Caprese Kebabs with Balsamic Drizzle Recipe
Serving Size: 2 Kebabs
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- 2 part-skim mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves, washed
- 8 wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- Cut each string cheese stick in to 12 rounds (24 cubes total).
- Assemble each kebab with 3 tomatoes, 3 basil leaves and 3 mozzarella slices (tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, basil, cheese, tomato, basil, cheese). Gently fold the basil leaves 2-3 times before skewering, larger leaves may be torn in half.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated. Lightly drizzle over skewers before serving.