Cheers @tastemade! This Smoked Citrus Mocktail is refreshing and full of flavor. And you can easily add your spirit of choice to create a new signature cocktail.
2 large lemons, sliced in half
1 grapefruit, sliced in half
2 limes, sliced in half
2 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
¼ cup water
1 bunch of basil (optional)*
2 cups sparkling lemon soda
Wood Chips for Smoking
1. Prepare your stovetop smoker by finding a non-coated 2-quart pot with a lid, sprinkle enough wood chips on the bottom of the pot to cover. Place a steam basket in the bottom and line with foil.
2. Lay half of the fruit inside and cover with lid. Smoke over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
3. Once smoked, juice all citrus into pitcher, stir in water and 2 packets of SPLENDA® Sweetener, muddling basil if using.
4. Top with soda, fill pitcher with ice.
5. To serve, garnish glasses with 1-2 candied citrus peels and a sprig of basil per drink.
CANDIED LEMON PEELS:
½ cup water
6 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener, divided
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skins from the lemon.
2. Boil water in sauce pot, whisk in 3 packets of SPLENDA® Sweetener and add the lemon skins. Cook until the lemon skins are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon or skimmer, remove lemon skins and toss with remaining 3 packets of SPLENDA® Sweetener. Lay the lemon skins out on a baking sheet with a rack to dry until not tacky to the touch. Lemon skins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis.